Sunday, September 11, 2011

ruttituttifrutti: Made In Melbourne


On Saturday, my friend and I went to Made In Melbourne. This show was part of Melb Spring Fashion Week, it showcased the latest collections of some of Melbourne's upcoming designers: Coelho, Mina & Katusha, Silk & Ink, Violet & I, Lisa Taranto, Her Pony, Marion Liese, Reverie, PRUSSIA, and Denise SL Spalk.

We started the night with some drinks, then grabbed a seat and waited for the show to start. Lucky for us we got some good spots, right in front of where the models stopped which was convenient since we both brought our cameras.

Btw, I got a new camera during the week, say hi to my new baby the Canon EOS 1100D! Going off topic for a bit, earlier during the day I had a photography session with a family friend who's a photographer and she taught me some of the basics. Truth is it'll take a while before it all becomes second nature to me so apologies for the poor quality of the pics but if I was concentrating on the settings I would have missed the show!

So back to the night.. The show was enjoyable to watch. A couple of designers blended into the average and common "seen that a hundred times before" category.. while a couple, spesh my personal fave of the night PRUSSIA, stood out with edgy designs in a show which could definately be categorised as controversial. It was also great to see Jessica Wiseman again who I went to school with, she's now a freelancing model who is doing amazing for herself.

On a last note. This was the second time I've been to fashion week, the first was about 7 years ago during work experience. Being in this environment felt amazing and just reassured me of how much I want a career in this industry.. so here's to the first of many! :) xx




















No comments:

Post a Comment

leave love here xo